Monday 2 January 2012

SITHOLEEXPRESS

Sthembiso Sithole
@sitholesthe

Who is SITHOLEEXPRESS?
Sitholeexpress is a brand that represents Sthembiso Sithole, in terms of his work as a journalism student. It’s a brand that has a blog and a website.
What is the website about?
Sitholeexpress is a brand new website that is aimed at media houses and editors to see the work that I have done and to know more about Sithembiso Sithole. The website has different elements of who I am, what I want to pursue in life and in the media game. Most important it is aimed at getting me an internship for 2013. As a journalism student, for one to graduate after doing third year he/she has to get an internship.
When and why did you start the website?
I started the website late 2011. I spoke to few people about the idea and they also thought that it was a great idea. I started the website because I noticed that most journalism students struggled to get internships. From the research that I did, I discovered that students are frustrated during their second year because of the work load and applying for internships. I wanted to introduce a new way of getting an internship.
How do you think the website will help you?
The website is a new way that I believe will assist me to get an internship. It will be the representative of what I am capable of, I believe it will send a message to media houses and other companies of what I am looking for and it will get me an internship.
How are you planning to get it known to the targeted group?
Social Networks are a new way to interact with people from different places with different ideas. Most people today market their brands through social networks, so I will market it through social networks. Another way to get it known to relevant people, it would be through t-shirts that my friend has printed for me. I came up with the design and he did the rest of the job. The t-shirts are written both my website and blog address. I will mainly wear them when I cover stories and when attending gatherings, were media personnel’s e.g. editors, journalists and so on can see them. Some of the plans to get the website know are still in the pipeline.
How important it is for you to get an internship?
As second year journalism student who will be doing third year next year, I need to get an internship in order for me to graduate after my diploma. Getting an internship will help me to graduate and get experience in the media house or Communication Company that I will be interning in.
Who did you work with to design the website?
Well, I designed the website myself and consulted different individuals within and outside the media industry.
How important for other students, most special your fellow journos to try this new approach in order for them to get internship?
About that, I think one has to have worked hard in the past year and is still doing well in terms of practical’s and academics. The idea of the website is to get you an internship and for you to get it, you should have worked hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment